Adding & editing users¶
You can control user access under People in the Admin menu. The People page allows you to list all users of your site and perform actions (upgrade, delete, edit) on them.
There are five user roles:
- Anonymous A non-logged in user.
- Authenticated (unblocked) user: Able to access non-public content, create and edit own forum posts
- Contributor: Able to create content and edit own content
- Editor: Able to create and edit own content, and also edit other people’s content
- Maintainer: Like editor, but also has administration privileges
Adding a new user¶
Go to People in the Admin menu
Click Add user at the top of the overlay
For users that are allowed to log in, you need to check the Allow user to login? box at the bottom
Complete all the relevant boxes with example data (compulsory fields are marked with a red asterix)