The commenting functionality in Scratchpads is a valuable system that enables registered and/or anonymous users to comment on a piece of content (usually a node). Maintainers and editors of a site can control the comment functionality per content type and per user role. This means that a Scratchpad site might have comments enabled for a content type (e.g. taxon descriptions) but not for another content type (e.g. specimens/observations).
Enable comments for specific content types¶
Enabling comments for specific content types will not override the access level settings described in the previous section.
- From the Admin menu go to Structure > Content types
- Click edit next to the content type you wish to modify comment settings
- Select Comment settings from the vertical tab menu
- Set specific properties for the comments of this content type
- Closed: No comments can be submitted
- Open: Anyone can submit a comment provided they have given access, as described in the previous section
- Hidden: Comments can be submitted, but they are not published
Comments submitted by anonymous users are marked as unapproved by default and do not get published until a maintainer has approved them. To approve or delete comments go to
- On Admin menu go to Content > Comments
- All published comments are located and can be managed under Published comments
- All unapproved comments can be managed (approved or deleted) under the Unpublished comments section
- Numbers in brackets indicate the total number of comments under these two sections